Literature searches and reports expert
Since 2021 Joshua Spencer, BSc (Hons) + DIPP, has joined the Qserve Group as a consultant, working for Qserve Group UK Ltd whose responsibilities range from the running of literature searches and reviews, as well as writing various reports and documents for a variety of regulatory activities. As consultant he supports the IVD team in various projects.
Joshua is a qualified biochemist and microbiologist having graduated from the University of Nottingham Trent with a Bachelors (Honours) and received a diploma in professional practice (DIPP) for his placement year within a small biotech company. Joshua’s experiences at that biotech company provided him with experience in manufacturing according to ISO 13485 and working under IVD regulations. This included taking part with tasks centered around quality control (QC), taking responsibility for the maintenance of various laboratory equipment and its validation and helping ensure compliance under ISO 13485. With the completion of his degree, Joshua has been furthering his scope and understanding of the regulatory world applying his experiences in industry as part of the Qserve team. He will initially focus on the effective execution of literature searches for inclusion into a clients technical file as this is a new skill for the IVD regulatory world and very much in demand.
The key expertise areas of Joshua:
• Growing experience with literature searches for simple and complex devices
• Able to write concise and detailed reports including those related to literature reports
• Experienced in regulatory activities
• Flexible approach to work
• Team player, organized worker, with close attention to detail, supporting the IVD team
• Good analytical, writing and communication skills
• Basic IT skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience using citation managers like EndNote 20